The MyCRED component in SPMM allow users to collect MyCred points for various actions and to transfer those points to other users if they so desire.
Users can collect MyCred points for various actions including:
- Updating their profile photo
- Logging into the site
- Updating their profile
Additional features include:
- Deduct points for removing a profile photo
- Limit points/awards on specific actions
- Display point balance on the SPMM account page
- Display MyCRED badges and ranks in the SPMM user profile
Activating The Component
To activate the MyCRED component:
- Make sure that the main myCRED plugin is already activated
- Navigate to MEMBER MANAGER->SETTINGS->COMPONENTS
- Click the checkbox for Simple:Press Member Manager – MyCRED
- Click the Save Changes button
The component should now be enabled.
Add Points For Various Activities
Assuming that you have configured MyCRED to use the term “points”:
- Go to Points->Hooks
- On the left hand side of the screen you should see a number of SPMM related activities: Register, Profile, Account, Member Directory, Login, Connect Social Account, Disconnect Social Account.
- Drag the activities for which you will award points to the right hand side of the screen
- To set restrictions on each activity, click on the activity on the right hand side, update the fields and click the Save button.
In the screen shot below, we have dragged 5 SPMM related items to the right hand side:
When an SPMM related point activity occurs, it can be seen in the myCRED log:
Update your global settings via MEMBER MANAGER->COMPONENT SETTINGS->myCRED.
On this screen you can:
- Enable/Disable the points balance tab in the SPMM My Account screen
- Enable/Disable display of badges in the user profile header
- Control some bbPress settings related to the display of ranks and point balances
Control over transferring points is done on a role-by-role basis.
- Go to MEMBER MANAGER->USER ROLES
- Edit the role that you need to restrict
- Scroll down to the myCRED section
- Enable the check-boxes as appropriate
- Click the Update Role button on the upper right of the page to save your changes
On the front-end, the user can choose to transfer points only if the POINTS tab is enabled.
Display Ranks In The User Profile Screen
If Ranks have been enabled in myCred then you can display them in the SPMM user profile screen
- Go to Member Manager->Forms and edit your profile form(s)
- Click on the GRAY PLUS sign to add a field in any row.
- In the pop-up window click the any of the myCRED buttons (myCRED Balance, myCRED Progress, myCRED Badges, myCRED Rank)
- Click the ADD button to add the field to your form.
- Click the UPDATE button on your form to save the form with the new myCRED field(s)
More Topics In Member Manager - Components