The Private Content component in SPMM provides an area that admins and moderators can use to publish information that should only be viewed by a single user.
- Each user will have their own “private content” page
- Admins can publish any information to this page, including attachments, that only the designated user can view
- Users can view their private content on the front-end via a new PRIVATE CONTENT tab on their user profile
- Only users who have data in their private content page will see the PRIVATE CONTENT tab
- Admins can rename the PRIVATE CONTENT tab
Activating The Component
To activate the Private Content component:
- Navigate to MEMBER MANAGER->SETTINGS->COMPONENTS
- Click the checkbox for Simple:Press Member Manager – Private Content
- Click the Save Changes button
The component should now be enabled.
Generate Private Pages For Existing Users
There’s a good chance that you already have existing users. Therefore, you will need to generate pages for these users.
- Go to MEMBER MANAGER->SETTINGS->COMPONENT SETTINGS->PRIVATE CONTENT
- Click the Generate Pages For Existing Users button.
You can find the settings that affect all private content pages at MEMBER MANAGER->SETTINGS->COMPONENT SETTINGS->PRIVATE CONTENT
Adding Private Content
To add private content for a user:
- Pull up the user list in WordPress under the WordPress top-level USERS menu option
- Search for and locate the user you need in the user list
- Hover over the user in the list and click on the Private Content link
- Add/update your content and click the Update button on the right hand side.
More Topics In Member Manager - Components