The User Reviews component of SPMM permit users to review and rate each other. Here are some of the key features that this component will bring to the table:
- Ratings work on the ubiquitous star system – (1 – 5 stars)
- User can enter a title and a short review
- The user directory can be sorted and filtered by rating
- Includes three widgets and short-codes for: Top Rated Users, Most Rated Users and Lowest Rated Users
- The user’s star rating is added to their profile header
- The admin can choose to automatically publish reviews or hold them for approval
- Ratings can be edited on the back-end
- Users can be blocked from adding reviews
- Users are notified when someone rates them
Activating The Component
To activate the USER REVIEWS component:
- Navigate to MEMBER MANAGER->SETTINGS->COMPONENTS
- Click the checkbox next to Simple:Press Member Manager – USER REVIEWS
- Click the Save Changes button
The component should now be enabled.
Settings By User Role
Most of the settings for this component can be found in the ROLES screen.
- Navigate to MEMBER MANAGER->USER ROLES
- Click on a USER ROLE to edit it
- Scroll down to the USER REVIEWS section – there you should see options that look similar to the following:
- Update as you see fit for the role and the click the Save Changes button
The component has some global settings:
- Navigate to MEMBER MANAGER->SETTINGS->COMPONENT SETTINGS->REVIEWS
- There you will see a screen with the following options:
- Update as you see fit and the click the Save Changes button
Top Rated Reviews
spmm_top_rated roles=”member” number=”5”
Most Rated Reviews
spmm_most_rated roles=”member” number=”5”
Lowest Rated Reviews
spmm_lowest_rated roles=”member” number=”5”
An admin can manage all reviews on the MEMBER MANAGER->USER REVIEWS screen.
The admin can open up any review and un-approve it or edit its contents.
The End User Experience
Users can see what others are saying about them on their user profile screen:
Creating A Review
A user can create a review for another user by accessing that users profile (usually from the user directory).
More Topics In Member Manager - Components